As you go through the handbook, please keep in mind that the information and examples provided are only recommendations and helpful hints of one way to set-up a Residential & Commercial Appliance Technology Program. Every situation is different, and you should adapt and tailor your program to the particular needs of your school and community.
In addition to the information, recommendations, and helpful hints in this handbook, we are prepared to assist your school as follows:
- Assist you in contacting various appliance manufactures to obtain products. This is the product that will be used by the students in the RCAT program for training. Some donations may be possible.
- Assist your school in establishing your advisory committee. We will supply a list of appliance service companies within a 75-mile radius of your school. These are the organizations that would have an interest in hiring your RCAT Program graduates. The individuals within these companies would be great candidates to serve as advisory committee members.
- Assist you in contacting various appliance manufacturers to obtain training material and access to manufacturers’ web-site and technical assistance information.
- Assist with student recruitment with the distribution of student resumes to our PSA membership in your area and across the nation.
- Supply a flash drive with PowerPoint presentations, labs, tests, charts, wiring diagrams, instructor guides, and test book recommendations. That will support your RCAT program with the basics of starting your program. You can also access that information on our website here.
- Support your membership and participation in SkillsUSA.
Please stay in touch as you proceed through the process of starting-up your RCAT Program.